Resolve Your Tax Controversy

Rely On Our Lawyer’s 20-Plus Years Of Legal And Public Accounting Experience

Have you received a notice from the Internal Revenue Service, the Kansas Department of Revenue or the Missouri Department of Revenue? You need to contact an attorney immediately. Resolving tax controversies with any taxing authority is complicated, and important deadlines must be met.

Call our law office in Shawnee at 913-385-0600. Our tax lawyer can help you no matter where you live in Johnson County, Wyandotte County or the Kansas City metro area.

Chapin Law Firm, LLC is a small law firm that provides quality representation in any tax dispute or tax litigation matter. Attorney Brett Chapin has more than 20 years experience as an attorney and a certified public accountant (CPA). He has a complete understanding of the law and the procedures necessary to get you the best result possible based on your financial circumstances.

Our goal is to help you resolve your tax controversy as quickly and favorably as possible. We can help you understand the implications of any notice, including:

  • Audits: An audit is a procedure used by a taxing authority to review your records to determine if your return is accurate and complete. If a discrepancy or error is found, you could be required to pay an additional amount, interest and penalties. Misreporting found to be willful could lead to criminal sanctions. An audit can be conducted in office or in person by the taxing authority.
  • Liens: A lien is a legal claim of public record that is filed against your real or personal property securing the payment of taxes. It can affect your ability to sell the property or damage your credit, among other things.
  • Levies: A levy is a collection action. It gives the taxing authority the ability to seize money in a bank account or garnish your wages to pay your tax debt.

Understand Your Options. Talk To Our Lawyer Today.

If you have received a tax-related notice, do not wait to schedule a consultation with our tax lawyer. He will review your notice and carefully explain your options and the next steps you need to take. You can reach our law office at 913-385-0600. You can also email us at any time.

How Can We Help?

Contact Form