Make The Probate Process Easier By Working With Lawyer Brett Chapin
The Most Important Thing To Remember: Talk To An Attorney ASAP
Probate can be a confusing and complicated process in Kansas. If you have lost a loved one, there is one piece of advice that can help make the process much easier. Contact an experienced probate attorney as soon as possible. A will must be submitted for probate within six months after the death to preserve the assets of the deceased.
At Chapin Law Firm, LLC , we are here to help families navigate the probate process after the death of a loved one. As soon as you contact us, our lawyer will review the decedent’s estate. Our lawyer will advise you on the next steps, including whether probate is necessary.
Call our law office in Shawnee at 913-385-0600. We assist individuals throughout Johnson County, Wyandotte County, and the Kansas City metro area.
Probate Is A Complicated Legal Process. We Effectively Handle All Aspects.
What is probate? Probate is a legal process that occurs after someone dies. It involves validating a will, inventorying and appraising personal property, paying taxes and debts, and distributing the remaining property. The property is distributed by the direction of the will or Kansas intestacy laws if the decedent did not have a will.
At our law firm, we help throughout the entire probate process, including:
- Timely filing a will
- Determining which type of probate proceeding is necessary
- Preparing and filing probate documents
- Providing all legally required notices to heirs, beneficiaries and creditors
- Litigating and resolving claim disputes between heirs and beneficiaries
- Helping preserve property and resolve creditor claims against the estate
- Preparing inventories and final accounts
- Preparing and filing final tax returns
- Distributing estate assets
- Act as trustee